Think attending a class or camp at Bright Lights is out of reach financially? Thanks to our scholarship program—made possible because of generous donations from community organizations and individuals—it may be closer than you think. We were able to award scholarships to over 175 students last year!
So how does the program work?
- Starting Saturday, March 23 at 8:00 AM, scholarship applications may be submitted at BrightLights.org during the registration process.
- Simply choose the open (not waitlisted) class the student wants to take, answer ‘yes’ when asked if you wish to apply for a scholarship and then complete the required information.
- All applicants will pay $10 at registration to hold their space in the class while their application is reviewed.
- Applications must be submitted by April 15. They are then reviewed and awards are based on financial need until available funds are depleted. All applicants will be notified of the amount of their scholarship by May 1. At that time, any tuition/fees not covered by the scholarship will need to be paid.
- Each student is eligible for ONE partial scholarship that can be used toward either a half-day class or a full-day camp during Summer 2019.
Further details about the program can be found at https://www.brightlights.org/programs/resources/scholarships.html.
If you would like to donate to the fund, please visit https://www.brightlights.org/support/.