Afraid you missed the boat when it comes to sailing through summer with Bright Lights classes? Don’t worry! We still have openings in a variety of classes that may speak to your student’s passions and help anchor them to some excellent summer engagement. In the examples below, click on the link to each week, read the description for that class and decide if your student is ready to set sail with hands-on summer learning.
If your student enjoys outdoors/nature, look into:
• Plant Yourself in the Garden (class #620) for 2nd-4th graders in the morning during Week 4 (June 26-30). This class takes place in the garden at Southern Heights Presbyterian Church near 40th and Old Cheney. Talk about hands-on!
If your student loves animals, check out:
• Diggin’ Up Dinos (class #708) for 1st-2nd graders during the afternoon of Week 4 (June 26-30).
• Creepy, Crawly, Crazy Creatures (#814) for 2nd-3rd graders during the morning of Week 5 (July 10-14).
• Mindbuggling Insects (#910) for K-2nd graders during the afternoon of Week 5 (July 10-14).
Does your student have a passion for art/dance/creativity? Here’s some classes that could be right up their alley:
• Felted Fun (#120) for 3rd-5th graders in the morning during Week 1 (June 5-9).
• So You Think You Can Move (#220) for 3rd-5th graders in the afternoon during Week 1 (June 5-9).
• Dress Up and Draw (class #710) for 1st-2nd graders in the afternoon during Week 4 (June 26-30).
• Funky Furniture (#720) for 4th-6th graders in the afternoon during Week 4 (June 26-30).
• Monster Movie: Kaiju and Me (#828) for 4th-6th graders in the morning during Week 5 (July 10-14).
• It’s a Rap! Where Shakespeare and Hamilton Meet (#928) for 6-8th graders in the afternoon during Week 5 (July 10-14).
All of these animal and creative classes take place at Holmes Elementary so you can add on Before Care for any morning classes. Or choose one morning and one afternoon class in this same week and add on Lunch Care to make it a whole day of fun! Free bus transportation from select stops is also available in the mornings.
Register right now to reserve your spots today!