Bright Lights, Lincoln’s summer education enrichment program for elementary and middle school students, is pleased to announce two new board members and the 2016 executive committee.
Joining the board are Patti Gardner, adult psychiatric nurse practitioner at Lincoln Psychiatric Group; and Tina Reeves, account services director at Firespring. Both new members bring strong leadership skills, nonprofit experience and a passion for education to the current Board of Directors. Their talents will support the Bright Lights mission of providing children with unique, hands-on learning adventures each summer.
The new executive committee includes:
* President, Brad Penner, public relations counsel – Firespring
* Vice President, Brandy Johnson, external affairs manager – Black Hills Corporation
* Secretary, Monica Henkenius, community volunteer
* Treasurer, Brian Runge, partner – Dana F. Cole & Co. LLP
* Past President, Barbara George, care coordinator leader – Lincoln Surgical Hospital
Now in its 30th year, Bright Lights is an independent nonprofit organization providing quality summer learning for students in kindergarten through ninth grade. The emphasis of the program is to prevent summer learning loss while providing opportunities for children to explore their interests in science, math, literature and the arts each summer.