JOB TITLE: Financial/Administrative Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EDUCATION MINIMUM: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
STATUS: Non Exempt; 850 hours annually, typically 20 hours per week during nine-month school calendar plus up to 10 hours each week during June and July.
Bright Lights is a nonprofit organization that takes learning beyond the classroom by providing youth with unique, motivating, hands-on learning opportunities.
The Financial/Administrative Specialist serves a dual role of bookkeeping and office support. Bookkeeping in QuickBooks includes accounts payable, processing donations and payments, payroll, monthly and quarterly financial statements, and tax reports. Responsible for daily office operations including mail, phone calls, and office supplies and machines. Coordinates all office volunteers.
Represents Bright Lights in a positive and professional manner.
Confidentiality with information concerning our constituents is required of all Bright Lights employees.
- Process donations and tuition payments.
- Prepare weekly accounts payable.
- Prepare biweekly and monthly payroll and summer teacher payroll.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Meet with Finance Committee at bimonthly meetings.
- Maintain calendar of all office functions and staff.
- Organize staff functions i.e. location, food, and supplies.
- Maintain upkeep of printers and copiers including toner.
- Order office supplies and postage.
- Coordinate cleaning and recycling service.
- Recruit and maintain list of current volunteers.
- Volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, scheduling, and supervision.
- Understanding of financial accounting.
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective writing, proofreading, editing, and verbal communication skills.
WORK SCHEDULE AND BENEFITS
- 850 hours annually, non-exempt, typically 20 hours per week during nine-month school calendar plus up to 10 hours each week during June and July.
- As a part-time employee, insurance and paid vacation time are not included.
- Part-time employees are allowed to follow the LPS, or the school their child(ren) attend, calendar and take days off when students are not in school.
- Staff of Bright Lights that work 300 hours or more annually may register their child(ren) in one class per child for half-price the program fee each summer.
Small office atmosphere near South 48th & Hwy 2 with free parking, casual dress. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line. Salary range is $10-$12 per hour depending on experience.
Bright Lights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.